Sunday 18 August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Samba_SamPa View Post
Good luck matey

btw... what is 'Advantage Play'?
Along line of glceud said - in the example last night the bookmaker offered a free £10 bet if you staked a £10 bet.(on US Racing) I bet the £10 and laid on exchange for minimal loss (actually no loss as the prices evolved) then with the 'Free' £10 I bet and laid for a small profit - i.e bet £10 to return £90 and the laid £9 to lose £79.50 - as it happened the 9/1 shot won so I made £10.50 profit - but even if it had lost I would have still made £9 (less commission) from the 'Winning' lay on the exchange.
Similar to Poker there is not as much value as there used to be in this, but they still appear around 2 or 3 times a week.

I'll tilt them slighly to get more profit from the result I fancy and maybe just no profit or loss from the outcome I don't fancy

Theres one tonight in the England v Scotland match, whereby you can guarantee a profit whatever the result -

If England win I make +£7 appx
If England win by a certain score I make +£28 appx
If England fail to win I make +£1 appx

2 comments:

  1. Don't spend the £1 all at once

    Glceud

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ed says its getting harder all the time to make money out of poker. The last 18 months of so have been pretty woeful for me, with the odd good result thrown in to keep me interested

    About three years ago I was regularly playing and cashing in Big $55 on stars - I've probably played it three or four times this year, with little success. Now the $11 tournaments are more suited to my playing level

    So...about three weeks I ago I signed up to a training site (I won't advertise it here in case it offends, but if anyone wants to know which one drop me a PM). I've only watched about half a dozen videos so far, but they've definitely helped make me focus more, and concentrate on what I'm doing a bit more. So far I'd say its worth the £20 a month cost, and hopefully I'll get the chance to see more videos in the next few weeks to get some more tips. Not had any deep runs yet, but hoping they're going to come

    Have barely played any live games this year (mainly due to not being able to qualify for any), so have just booked myself 10 nights in Vegas next month just to enjoy some sun, and play a few live games while I'm there - hopefully that will help when I get back to the daily grind.

    Anyway, it sounds like you found other ways to keep your bankroll growing, so ease yourself back into the poker, and most of all enjoy it

    Washman

    ReplyDelete